Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dhanu I Love you ( A True life's Story)

                                                                                   
 I am Mahesh, I have the habit of making strangers as friends, even in my office some time I like to go for tea breaks in cafeteria all alone, if I see some one sitting alone be it any one,I have the habit of making friends…I got the best buddies out of this strangers…every one will think why these people go alone to any place. If you get into details you will hear many true life’s stories why they want to be alone?....               one of such story is “Dhanu I love you.”                                                                                                                                                      Once I was travelling to Hyderabad on 25th Dec 2009, I got into the last seat of a Volvo bus , as my legs were too long I was not comfortable sitting. A stranger next to my seat was a guy around 24 years with a kewl hair style and an average built.I just turned towards him and said “ hi “ he did not reply…I tried to say him hi in intervals of 15 min .He did not respond, I thought he is a dumb guy ,so I made signs with my hand and said “hi”…even then no reaction. I was struggling hard to adjust my legs between the seat as I got the window seat, so could not even stretch my legs.

            He saw my struggle and offered his seat .I took this as a chance and shook his hands and I introduced myself , “I am Mahesh” and he said I am Mahi…hooo he has the same name as mine. Slowly we talked to each other we exchanged our mobile numbers.I asked him to come to my house one day, he also asked me to come to his house…On 31st Dec 09 I called him up and he asked me to come to his house as it was near by ….I went into his place he has a big duplex house nicely designed architecture. I asked him to show his house ,he took me inside and started showing all the rooms.He opened one of his bed rooms…It was full of caricatures and paintings , and when I saw one corner of the house I was just shocked …and asked him about it. He was not able talk a word about that , he just gave me his personal dairy and told me to read…and he was not in a position to talk anything….What did I see in the room? Why I was shocked? you will come to know in the end.

Now the real story starts….I am narrating the story by imagining myself in Mahi’s place…

The whole narration is from his personal dairy…shortened and made it into a story.
Names in the story are changed as requested.

23 Jan 2007:

“When I was studying my 10 th standard my mother died…my father went to Dubai and married one more lady and settled there. I use to stay with my grand parents and study. I loved my mother, I did not get much love and affection from my father …my grand parents were rich and I studied in Hi-fi schools and colleges…I got all materialistic pleasures, but love I used to get from my grand parents, but I was used to the materialistic pleasures never cared about love…I got a gal friend when I was in 12th, I used to roam around with her, bunked classes enjoyed parties with friends…slowly I got irritated with all these pleasures. I don’t know what happened to me; I started loving my gal friend.

            I proposed her she accepted…this love went on for 3 years…finally she ditched me, went abroad loved another guy and settled there.
Again my old life started…I used to think money can buy anything and used to flatter gals…enjoy day and nights in pubs , disco’s and one point of time ,I became drug addict as well. Though I have these negative sides, I am good at painting and arts ,I went to UK and studied the advertising course there…now I was working for many MNC’s in designing logos ,tag lines and involved in many advertising activities.

03 Feb 2007:

            A beautiful girl joined in our team, all our eyes were on her ,she seated next to my seat, she stared at me and introduced…’I am Anju’, I shook hands with her and introduced myself “I am Mahesh”, she asked “Is that your name?” I replied ‘My actual name is Mahesh but I prefer calling me as Mahi.
Within few months we became good friends…I used to care her a lot and she did care me. One day it was already 10 pm in the night we were busy doing a design for a client, I asked her to leave as it was already late, but she stayed up to 12:00Pm and helped me in finishing the work. She took a cab left home but while going to her house car got punctured and she is waiting all alone, she called me and told about the situation, I suddenly rushed to that place with my car. I dropped her in her house.
I asked her “why do you stay so far?” If you don’t mind you can come to my house and stay there with my grand mom. At first she hesitated but latter on, she said yes.
I was in the ninth cloud.

         Our house is a duplex, my grand mom and Anju used to sleep in the ground floor and my bed room is in upstairs…days passed we became much close to each other…
My new life started:

25 Feb 2007:

   Its early morning 6 am , I was day dreaming, suddenly I felt some one hitting me and shouting “Mahi get up!!!”, I suddenly woke up and saw it was Anju, she gave a smile and I too smiled “Good morning Anju” she replied “Good morning Mahi”, I saw a coffee cup in her hand, she said ‘Mahi its for you’. then I suddenly felt my mom is giving coffee to me and I took coffee cup from her hands and tears were rolling out from my eyes, she sensed that and asked me “What happened Mahi?”,”Are you alright?”, I said I am alright, ‘I remembered my mom’, every morning she used to do the same…Mahi its ohk ‘don’t get so emotional’ be cool…

       Its Saturday morning, our maid prepared idli for my grand ma,we planned to cook noodles for ourself,Its first time I went to kitchen to cook something , I just helped her by putting noodles in the hot water and draining the water from noodles, finally tasty noodles were made out of our hands…we sat in the hall and ate noodles…I complimented her its awesome Anju , you cook so well…Anju said “Isn’t thank you so much”,” even I cook biryani well, want to taste it ”…then I said her ok, but there is a problem…what happened, I like to eat biryani with my hands ,but you know I have burnt my fingers in the morning while cooking…she said its manageable I asked how? she said “ Wait and see?”

      Its afternoon, she ordered me not to enter the kitchen, but I could sense the nice smell of spices…my mouth started watering…finally she came out and said “Biryani is ready”, The biryani and other dishes were arranged on our dining table, my grandma myself and Anju sat together…then I asked her ,now tell me how can I eat this?, she said “close your eyes”, I closed my eyes, I felt her hand touching my lips, she asked me to open my mouth, and she fed me the biryani with her hands, I just opened my eyes and felt that the biryani was so tasty…then my grandma interfered in between and said, even Mahi’s mother used to feed him till his 10th,then I suddenly became emotional and complimented her “ You are like my mom”, “ Love you so much mom” and I never saw her being emotional tears rolled out from her eyes, and she said “Thanks Mahi…” “ I love you too my son…”, my grand ma took us closer towards her ,she hugged both of us and blessed us “ You always be like this my kids”…then she took a hand full of biryani rice ball and started feeding both of us…I felt even Anju is missing her mom…Anju’s parents were died in an accident 2 years back.

       Its Monday again, our routine life started, wake up early, get ready to go to office, work…though we were in same office and same team, we never showed our personal attachment in office, we were very professional and aim for our dead lines…
And we are creative as well.
Months passed by like this, one day Anju said “ I have a surprise for you?” I said hoo is it …I am more curios to know about it…tell that as early as possible.
She said “ I , I , I got a new boy friend”…It was not a surprise its shocking to me , then I started asking her many questions….

1) Who hez he?
2)How did you know him?
3)Already you experienced the pain before with your first boy friend? ssStill you want a boy friend?
She said “ Hmmm stop asking questions, I will answer you one by one…”
1)“He is Dhanu”
2)“ I met him in orkut”
Suddenly I asked one more question “How can you believe a person whom you know in Orkut”
She answered “ya but I liked him that’s all”
3) I had a boy friend, hope he is not the same like him…
Finally I said, Its ok, Its your own life, but as a friend I can say only one thing, Be careful and remember that I am always there to help you out.
One fine day Its Thursday, she came to me and said “Today I am going to meet him”
Whom? “My Dhanu “

I said, ok cool but I want to come along with you, she said “Why?”
I said Anju, for me your safety is more important, you feel him as a boy friend, so you trust him though he is a stranger, but I cannot trust him Anju…
Finally she agreed to come along with him, we choose coffee day to meet him…
We are waiting in the coffee day for about half an hour, no one turned up,Anju got a call that dhanu will come after 5 min.Finally a kewl hair style guy, with a lean body came near the place we are seated, he introduced himself to Anju, “ I am Dhanu”,” I am a fashion designer”, then Anju introduced me “ He is Mahi my friend” then he said “ Hoo I know him ,Mahi you are so lucky man , always she tells only about you in chat and in calls , I am jealous of you buddy”, then I bid bye to Anju , I want to give them some space to talk…I told her “ come home early”.
Days passed, bond between them was deeply routed, he used to always come to our house in the weekend and spent some time with her and leave. Frankly speaking, I don’t like Dhanu, he is becoming closer and closer to Anju day by day that might be the reason. slowly he came a part like our family member, even my grand ma became fan of him, he is humorous, and can attract anyone by the way he talks.

              One day my grand ma asked him” we have a big house, why can’t you stay here?”
I was thinking in mind , grand ma don’t have any work or what?, then Dhanu said “ Its ok grand ma, I do not want make you in comfortable by staying here”, then grand ma said “ why do you feel so?” then she asked me “ Mahi your ok with the decision I made right ?” What can I say “ I simple said , its ok he can stay here. My grand ma was happy that I did not object her.
One weekend Dhanu came to my house with his entire luggage, I told you can share my room and keep your entire luggage in one of the room’s present in upstairs. I myself felt I hated this person, but how can I share room with him. God help me.

           One day it is Tuesday , Anju left from office early as she is not well, I Planned to go to a bar, I had a can full of beer , and started to go back home, it was very cold and I could not see the road because of the fog, but slowly I tried to drive. Suddenly in a minute what happened I do not know I hit the divider and the car went to the other side, as the divider height was less, suddenly a car coming from opposite side hit my car, then afterwards I do not know what happened, when I woke up , I was in the hospital bed ,Anju and Dhanu were in front of me, my right hand and left leg got fractured , I am not in a position to move.” Hooo God what did you do to me” I myself prayed to god to recover me soon.

          Anju and Dhanu took turns to help me out. Its lunch time, Dhanu brought some food from near by restaurant; Anju fed me the food with her hands as she usually does. suddenly my bladder started bursting, I need to go to restroom, I called Dhanu and said in his ear , Dhanu can you please take me to rest room, he slowly lifted me up with his hands and took me to rest room. I became a child for a while, I felt as though my dad is lifting me and taking me to rest room. Now I am comfortable after coming from the rest room.

          A week passed, one day Anju said “ I have some busy work in the office Dhanu will take care of you”, I said ok, even my grand mother is very old to take care of me. Its morning he took me to rest room, I was struggling to brush my teeth, he helped me out in brushing my teeth, I managed my self to talk bath with one hand. Then he fed me breakfast with a spoon. Its lunch time, Dhanu asked me “what you like to eat?”, I said its long time I did not eat biryani,he brought biryani and fed me with his own hands, as Anju said I like eating biryani with hands, I was emotionally bound at that time but controlled myself and did not express to him. He slept in the same hospital room baring the hospital smell. I was pity on him.
Next day Anju came. She prepared breakfast and brought to both of his, Dhanu told Anju,lets feed Mahi first,Anju agreed.

           Dhanu started feeding me Idly with his hands, this time I really could not control my tears, I could not stop them anymore, they split out of my eyes,Dhanu saw that asked “ What happened my buddy?” then I could not resist myself I hugged him, Kissed on his forehead , I wetened his shirt with my tears and told him ,Dhanu I did not get my dad’s affection any time, I used to see that only in films, you have showed me similar affection. I asked Anju to come closer to me .I hugged both of them, kissed them on their fore head and said “I love you dad and mom”. Then they also became emotionally bound, they too kissed me on forehead and They said “ we too love you Mahi”.

           Now I felt , God you are there , blessed me with good friends, who treat me like parents…play the role of siblings…give the advices like elders and love me more than my lover…now I felt that is what the friendship is.After a month I recovered fully. I started going to office. Now the days has come I am eagerly waiting for the weekends, as I got a good personal life. Both the days, we three roamed around, party… go to discos and started enjoying our life.

           One day it’s a Friday, suddenly Grand ma got heart attack, we took her to the hospital, even Anju and Dhanu came to hospital, she want to say her final words,
She called all of us together, kept my hand in Anju’s and Dhanu’s hand, and gave her final words “You have to take care of him” and she died…The day made us sad…
We participated in her funeral; my father came from Dubai to see her dead body,
I could not control myself and shouted at him , Do not dare to touch her , now you came to see us whether we are dead or alive?, he did not answer any of my questions, he got a second wife and two children, seeing the children’s face I did not say any further words to him. He left to dubai after the funeral.

        Slowly my grandma was replaced by the care of my friends…Dhanu and Anju, they promised that they will get marry once I get married. I was 21 at that time. Now I was on the top of the world, God you given me all care , affection which I did not have from years from these two friends…love you so much god, you are there.

              One day we thought of doing some creative work in our house, Dhanu, Anju and me, had drawn some caricatures of our three and stick to the walls of our bed rooms and we painted our house with different beautiful natural pictures. One of the bed rooms , we painted grand mother’s and my mother’s portrait. In my bedroom Anju and me painted three caricatures and nice paining of all the three individually framed them and kept in one of the side walls.
Dhanu is good in writing Quotes , he wrote a Quote and we framed it and kept on one of the Side walls in the same room, he dedicated the Quote to our friendship.
Here it is…

“Well if the oceans had so much water to absorb my force. Sky also falls short of height of my care. When the desire burns. You appear. When I give up, you become my strength. When world seems impossible, You hold my hand to make it Possible. Yes you are there. You both are there in me for ever.”
           Months passed, its almost an year now we all were together, I thanked god every day giving me such friends. As Dhanu is a fashion designer/Hair stylist, Anju and me always used to wear the clothes designed by him, every week he used to change our hair style. One weekend we planned to go to Ooty, we have taken only one room in a guest house to stay there for a night.Anju asked me to sleep in between them. I agreed and slept in the same bed between Anju and Dhanu…I asked her why me ? not Dhanu, she said “ I feel secure that’s all”…I said its o.k. had a long chit chat ,both of them laid hands on me, slowly slept on my shoulder, I placed hand on their head slowly rimmed their hairs and felt as though small kids sleeping on my shoulder…I cannot express that feeling, its more than any other feeling in this world. I did not get any bad feeling towards Anju though she was sleeping beside me. I kissed both of them on their fore head and I too slept.

         Its morning we roamed around all the near by places in Ooty took many pictures in botanical garden, had a long boat ride…In between Dhanu and Anju started doing romance…then I told them , I will get into another boat , then they said “Its ok Mahi, Its only you are here, we are comfortable though you are here…” slowly they came out of that romantic mode and our long lasting chit chat begin…we discussed many topics…romance…sex…politics and many more. Next day morning we are back to our place.

             A year passed by like this, Its 3 Nov 2009, I was overloaded with my work, we need to attend Dhanu’s friend marriage, I asked Anju to leave.Dhanu and Anju went to the party, Its 1 Am in the night I got a call,” It was a shocking news for me” ,Dhanu and Anju met with an accident. I rushed to the hospital. Doctor said their condition was serious, I prayed god they should be alright. I went to the hospital room; Dhanu and Anju were in the same room. Though I could not control my tears, I acted I am happy and said them you are alright, doctor said that there is no danger. They held my hands one on each side kissed my hands, Anju said call me Mrs Dhanu from now , I said ok Mrs dhanu, I saw a last smile on her face and her eyes stuck staring at me. Seeing this Dhanu couldn’t tolerate tears were coming out of his eyes and Started shouting “ Anju…come back”

             I hugged him though I started controlling my tears, but tears rolled out my eyes, I said him “ be cool dhanu , She is alive do not worry”, I called a doctor and slowly signed him to say that she is alive, Doctor said she is alive and asked nurse to take and come to the next room as she need special attention.

Dhanu asked me to lift him and take closer to her; I lifted dhanu on my hands and took him closer towards her. He kissed all over her face, doctor said “she is not in conscious, donot disturb her”, slowly nurses moved her from the bed to next room. I hugged him stopped him and said “she will be alright, do not worry,” I controlled my tears.

       After an hour , Dhanu was struggling to breathe , I rushed towards doctors to address him, they tried their best to save him, he shouted “Mahi come here” , I came closer to him, he hugged me, kissed me on my fore head and Said “ I love you my son Mahi”, take care of Mrs Dhanu ( Anju) , please do not commit any kind of suicide in absence of us , I asked him what you are talking , he said “ I know Anju is dead “ , he told his last word and died on my shoulder. Now really I could not control my tears, I cried till the tears got dried up in my eyes , I shouted “ God you are not there” , Give me back my Mr and Mrs Dhanu… “Mr and Mrs Dhanu I love you guys so much “come back do not leave me all alone…
Doctors took me away from them and admitted me in a hospital…slowly days passed I recovered my self…
Time gives him solution.



-------------------------The end-------------------------------------------
On 31st Dec 09 when I went to Mahi’s house I saw the photos of Dhanu and Anju garlanded, and the Quote written by Dhanu
“Well if the oceans had so much water to absorb my force. Sky also falls short of my height of my care. When the desire burns. You appear. When I give up you become my strength. When world seems impossible. You hold my hand to make it Possible. Yes you are there. You both are there in me for ever.”
when I came to know about his life’s story , after reading his dairy, I myself couldn’t control my tears.
Mahi believes, who ever will become closer to him will die soon. Mom-Grand Ma- Dhanu and Anju…so he doesn’t want to happen this again, so he never makes anyone close.
I met him recently in Bangalore, while he was going to US. I went to airport to meet him. He hugged me and said “Dhanu I love you, miss you “ I did not understand why he is saying so. Finally bid me bye and said “This is the last time we meet each other. I do not want to loose you Mahesh, Miss you “He hugged me once again; I could see that tears rolled on his eyes. Though I am not so sensitive guy, even I became emotionally bound and I said miss you too Mahi…I bid final bye to him.
Hope I meet him again...
To find more stories of mine you can log on to the blog:
Critics are welcome, Do write your comments in the blog
With love ,
Maheshvarma…:):):)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just do not have any words to express how nice this story is !
Well mahesh,you have a very good story narration skills with little scope of further improvement areas.
I appreciate the story which is a mixture of love,friendship which stands above all the money and the riches.
I encourage you to come up with more such stories.

Ram Sagar Mourya said...

Mahesh the true story you presented here is really aheart touching one, somewhere in the midst of the story i found it boring , but really at the end i felt like i was seeing Mahi, Dhnau and Anju before my eyes, i could feel the bond and friendship between them, the way you narrated the story is just awesome.

Arnav said...

I do not know what I felt after reading this story,I felt like I am part of the story....Wow what a narration buddy...you rock...!!! Keep going waiting for more stories like this...

Avilash said...

Nice story mahesh,cried after i come to an end of an story.still miss Dhanu n Anju.its an awesome !!!